Position: Banquet Captain
Reports to: Banquet Manager
Hours of Work: evenings, weekends & holidays.
The Banquet Captain is responsible to lead a team for the setup and service of the various events held at the Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort and Conference Centre.
The Banquet Captain is a Service oriented position with a primary focus on attention to details with an emphasis put on team work.
A strong leadership aptitude is required to help foster the proper work environment and a constant training and mentoring effort is needed to maintain consistency of service and maintain an environment where guest’s expectations are consistently exceeded.
Hours of work
Hours of work will vary based on business levels.
It is a full time position with varying day, evening, weekend and holiday work.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Supervise the day-to-day operation of the banquet department.
• Provide a high standard of service and strive to exceed guest’s expectations.
• Possesses a keen eye for details.
• Able to well organise own workload and also delegate to a team.
• Follows health and safety guidelines and supervise the team to ensure they are followed.
• Meet and greet organizers of event or conferences and liaise their expectation with the banquet manager, Culinary department & banquet team.
• Communicate relevant information which may impact other departments of the resort.
• Overseeing room set-up and break down and ensure efficiency and accuracy is reached.
• Exercise financial accuracy & supervision by ensuring the accurate information is submitted.
• Ensure that all operating equipment are properly cared for and stored, and secured.
• Works well with others and be self motivated.
• Energetic and a positive individual
• Good communication skills
• Ensures that cleanliness is followed both in the back of the house as well as the front.
• Food and beverage knowledge is an asset.
• Bartending background is an asset.
• Candidate should be physically fit and able to lift heavy objects.
• Candidate should be able to work in a fast pace environment for extended period of time.
• Candidate should be flexible with their work schedule
• Candidate possesses strong communication skills
2017 Perks & benefits for Leadership
Health and Wellness
• Extended Health & Dental plan for Full Time Team Members (we pay 50%)
• Use of the facilities (pool, sports court, beach, fitness room, etc.)
• Bereavement days
• Vacation accruals
Tigh-Na-Mara Discounts exclusive for our Team Members
• Team member meals for $3.50
• Special pricing on drinks in cedars lounge
• 30% off in the Gift Shop or Spa Retail
• 40% discount on Spa Services
• 40% off in cedars restaurant & lounge for food & non-alcoholic beverages for up to 4 people
• 50% off on cedars menu while on shift
• 50% off mid-week Mineral Pool passes for self & guest
• Special pricing on Gift Shop items in November for Christmas shopping
• Team member room rates, based upon availability
Reward & Recognition
• Spirit Award & trip
• Quarterly anniversary reception
• Birthday/Anniversary recognition
• Gift for wedding & birth of a baby
• Long Service Awards (5, 10, 15 20 & 25 years) & dinner
• Recognition for going above & beyond with SEA Star $20 TNM Resort Spending Credit
• Post summer event for all leadership (currently houseboating)
• $25.00 TNM Resort Spending Credit for new hires using our Hire a Friend Program
• CASH rewards for referring NEW Group business ($3/room night actualized)
Training & Development
• Opportunities to learn, grow, and advance within the Resort
• In House Training Opportunities: Orientation, WorldHost, Train the Trainer
• Tuition Re-imbursement
• In-House Library of Management Books
• Above & Beyond Award of $500 presented to one graduate of the VIU Professional Esthetics Program
Team Member Events
• Wonderful Family Summer BBQ
• Halloween dress up with prizes
• Fabulous Year End Party Dinner & Dance!
• Leadership social event(s)
• Iris Advantage
• Kerry’s Car Service, Parksville – 10% off
• Discounted local gym membership (Jim’s Gym)
• Parksville Chrysler - F&F Pricing on vehicle purchases (new & used) and 10% off Parts & Service
• Helijet – preferred pricing for Team Members
• Mark’s Work Wear World