F&B Service Manager
Position: Food and Beverage Service Manager
Reports to: Outlet Manager/ Food & Beverage Director
Department: Food and Beverage
Hours of Work: Varied
The Food & Beverage Service Manager will be responsible for the smooth operation of cedars Restaurant & Lounge while on shift. This position will ensure that all standards are being followed, service runs smoothly and team members are supported on their roles.
1. Achieving the highest service standards and exceeding a high guest expectation daily
2. Responsible for ensuring all standard operating procedures and policies are implemented, and adhered to by the team members to successfully operate the outlets.
3. Ensure the overall cleanliness of all outlet facilities and ensure that areas in need of attention are addressed by team members and/or Housekeeping.
4. Assist staff in running food, touching tables, bussing, reviewing cash outs, etc to ensure the levels of service & food quality are met for guests.
5. Make procedural recommendations and maintain standards of food and beverage quality and guest service.
6. Resolve associate and/or guest conflict through service recovery and implement change when necessary.
7. Develop team members through motivation, recognition and training.
8. Assist with 30, 90 day and annual team member reviews.
9. Maintain a thorough knowledge of menu, wine list, drink prices, general policies and procedures.
10. Assist in the development and maintenance of a client contact base.
11. Maintain ambience of restaurant – lighting, music, cleanliness, hygiene
12. Checking and dealing with guests Special Occasion arrangements eg.Birthdays, Anniversaries, Honeymoons, Weddings
13. Promote special In House events eg. Winemakers Dinners , Cocktails, Tasting sessions
14. Follow up with guests throughout their meal to ensure that they are receiving the experience they requested.
15. Any other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or equivalent
Hospitality or Culinary diploma or degree an asset
Previous experience as a server or bartender in a restaurant
Strong leadership skills, including a minimum of 3-4 years of Restaurant supervisory or management experience
Ability to impart your passion & knowledge of food, wine & service to team members
Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word & Excel
Micros experience preferred
Strong training skills
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Able to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends & holidays
Excellent hospitality & interpersonal skills
Strong organization skills
Able to life at least 20 pounds
Strong focus on guest needs, service levels & working atmosphere
Able to multi-task & prioritize, ensuring efficiency
Reliable, ethical, well-groomed & professional in appearance & behaviours
Level 1 or higher Sommelier certification is considered an asset
Required Certificates, Licenses:
Serving it Right Certificate
Food Safe Level 1