Director of Sales
Are you that rare individual who is a stellar, driven to succeed salesperson AND a motivating leader? Do you have fresh eyes, and seek creative ways to bring in group business? Are you able to direct & inspire a team, manage costs, predict sales trends, be an integral part of the Executive Team and still meet your sale goals?
Are your intrigued by all the possibilities of working with an independent property? If yes, Tigh-Na-Mara’s Director of Sales role may be a great opportunity for you!
We are a unique, all season, Vancouver Island property, with 192 guest rooms & cabins, 2 restaurants, an award-winning Spa and over 10,000 square feet of meeting space. We are set in 22 acres of tranquil Arbutus & Douglas Fir forest overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
The culture at Tigh-Na-Mara is created by our mission, vision and values. We work together as a team, to ensure the success of business, our team and our owners. Recently, the Hotel Association of Canada presented Tigh-Na-Mara with its’ Humanitarian award, for our local charity work.
You know & understand well the Canadian hotel market and trends. You have managed a team before and clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills. You are motivated by success, not only your own personal success, but that of your team and the property. You need to be proud of where you work and have something special to bring to your clients. You have at least 3-5 years’ experience in hotel or resort sales, with a minimum of 2 years of leading a team.
Details of the role:
- Implement a successful solicitation strategy to target guests & groups in order to meet and/or exceed revenue goals
- Establish all sales quotas, calls, referrals & revenue objectives for the team
- Solicit & service major accounts reaching or exceeding your own targets
- Take an active role, participating in sales activities both on & off property including, but not limited to, sales calls, trade shows, site inspections, networking, client entertaining, sales blitzes and cold calls
Leadership & Communication
- Lead the execution of the strategies, tactics & action plans of the above, reaching or exceeding your own targets, while monitoring those of the team
- Identify opportunities to increase on-going & additional revenue streams, & create value by challenging processes, encouraging innovation & driving necessary change
- Direct, manage, train, evaluate, mentor & counsel the Sales team
- Chair weekly sales meeting
- Participate actively within the leadership of Tigh-Na-Mara, as an Executive Team member
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget
- Set & monitor specific goals for each of sales team, as well as incentive programs to increase revenues
- Achieve or exceed budgeted & forecasted numbers
- Control costs and expenses
- Review & implement pricing strategies for group & transient business by overseeing rate, date & space commitments in conjunction with the Revenue Manager
- Prepare weekly, monthly & annual reports as required
- At least 3-5 years hotel or resort sales experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as department head or directly managing a team
- Bachelors or hospitality management degree
- Very strong background & knowledge in corporate sales
- Communication skills, written & verbal, at expert level in English
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal & negotiation skills
- Flexible with the ability to travel occasionally as required by the job
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, with Daylight an asset
- Creative, effective, passionate & positive individual with a high level of professionalism and integrity
- A demonstrated proficiency in achieving sales targets & ADR
- A team player & strategic thinker who can contribute to the business as a whole
- Self-motivated to achieve positive results
- Annual base salary and quarterly bonuses based on the achievement of sales targets
- Extended Health & Dental plan
- Staff discounts