Frequently Asked Questions
What time is check in and check out?
- Check in is guaranteed for 4pm and check out is at noon.
Do You Charge for Parking, Resort Fee or Internet?
- We are happy to provide complimentary Wi-Fi & Parking and NEVER charge a resort fee.
Are You Pet Friendly?
- Yes we are. Dogs are welcome to stay in one or two bedroom cottages. A one time $30 fee will be charged per reservation - not per pet, not per night.
What is your cancellation policy?
Please cancel a minimum of 5 days prior to your reservation date to avoid a cancellation penalty, the equivalent of one night’s room rate, plus taxes.
When should I make reservations/appointments for dining and spa services?
- The Grotto Spa, Treetop Tapas & Grill and cedars restaurant & lounge are very popular with resort guests and locals. Should you choose to dine with us or join us in the Grotto Spa for services, advanced reservations are strongly recommended. If you are staying at the resort on a package which includes spa or dining we recommend securing your dining times and spa services at the time of reservation or as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment.
Are campfires allowed?
- We do have a campfire pit on the beach and fire pits are permitted when in a designated fire pit and when there are no fire ban restrictions as dictated by Ministry of Forests and BC Parks.
Do you supply firewood for cottages?
- We have two areas which are stacked with wood weekly. Please feel free to use the wood provided at no cost to you.
Do you offer babysitting services?
- Yes, the front desk can arrange this for you with advanced notification.
Do you have any rooms designed / equipped for special needs?
- We do offer to guarantee an accessible ground level for accommodations as needed by guests with mobility restrictions. Although it does depend on the guests specific requirements, we do suggest the Spa Bungalow Studio as they are the most accessible for guests requiring a more spacious option for wheelchair access. We do not offer specifically designated rooms for those with special needs, however we do offer items such as transfer benches, grab bars, and hand held shower heads. For all other items that may be required we can arrange for rentals through a local provider specializing in equipment for special needs.
Do you have room service?
- At this time we do not offer room service but we do encourge guests to visit cedars restaurant & lounge for the relaxed atmosphere and enjoy our delicious appetizers, ala carte and feature menu. We also have an extensive list of special cocktails and wines by the glass.
Are the guestrooms air-conditioned?
- No. Like the majority of resorts in Parksville our guestrooms are not air-conditioned. Every guestroom has a fan, and additional fans can be delivered on request. Many rooms have ceiling fans as well. Generally the summer temperatures in Parksville are a very comfortable 20-24 degrees. All rooms have sliding doors with screens. Our Ocean View rooms often benefit from a nice ocean breeze. Many of our Rustic Cottages and Spa Bungalows enjoy quite a bit of shade due to our forested property. The Grotto Spa and Main Lodge (Cedars Restaurant & Lounge and Conference Centre) are air-conditioned buildings.
Can you smoke in any guestrooms?
- No. All our guestrooms are non-smoking, including balconies/patios. There are designated smoking areas located around the resort.
Are there units for sale?
- Yes. All our guestrooms are individually owned strata-titled resort units. There are usually a few re-sales on the market listed by existing strata unit owners. Please inquire at the Front Desk how you can purchase the perfect combination of recreational and investment property.
Do we need our robes and towels from our rooms when we come to the spa?
- Not at all. Spa robes, sandals and towels will be supplied upon arrival.
When we arrive at the mineral pool, how long can we stay in the pool?
- We suggest using 15 minute intervals with a cool shower and a dip in the whirlpool to get the best effects. We also suggest not staying in the mineral pool for more then 45 minutes to maximize the health benefits.
What are tapas?
- Tapas are a wide variety of delicious gourmet appetizers, sharing of small plates, in Spanish cuisine. They may be cold (such as mixed olives and local cheeses) or hot (seared tuna, lamb or prawns). The serving of tapas is designed to encourage conversation because people are not so focused upon eating an entire meal that is set before them.
If we want to dine at Treetop Tapas do we have to wear our robe?
- As our Treetop Tapas & Grill is a unique dining experience to Canada, we do request guests wear their robe. Although it may seem like a different idea, we find guests not only feel more comfortable, but they also feel much more relaxed then normal.
I have a food allergy and or food sensitivities, can I eat at Treetop Tapas & Grill?
- Absolutely, we understand that with food allergies it is not something that can be helped, therefore, let your reservationist and server know in advance and we will make every effort to accommodate and or substitute if required.
How far in advance should groups book and when is a deposit required?
- The short answer for group bookings is the further in advance a group books the better options they will have for availability of their preferred meeting space. Guestrooms can also be booked as early as possible with the release date of any unreserved rooms 30 days prior to the event. A deposit is required when the contract is signed.
During conferences, can our organization provide our own alcohol beverages in meeting rooms, foyers, as a hospitality suite for our delegates?
- No – BC Liquor Control Board regulations dictate that this is not permitted, however Hospitality suites are permitted in individual guest rooms.
Is the Resort able to recommend local entertainment for our attendees for banquets, receptions, etc?
Yes – Vancouver Island has many talented individuals and our team would be very pleased to pass on the appropriate information.
What does “Run of House” accommodations mean?
- “Run of House” is a hospitality industry term we use when offering a discounted rate to a group. It means you have a guaranteed room but the specific room type is at the hotel’s discretion based on availability for the dates of your stay. If a specific room type is important to you, you may always guarantee that specific room type however, it will generally be at a higher rate than the discounted “ROH” rate offered to your group. We do take special requests into consideration when assigning “Run of House” reservations but please understand it is not always possible to meet every request therefore these requests are not guaranteed.
How many people can Tigh-Na-Mara’s Conference Centre hold in one meeting space?
- We have 12 conference rooms in our Conference Centre accommodating up to 250 guests in one meeting space.