Chef de Partie
Job Title: Chef de Partie
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Sous Chef
To assist the Executive Chef & Sous Chefs to oversee all food offerings in his/her outlet and ensure a consistent and quality product while ensuring fiscal responsibility.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
The Chef De Partie prepares and produces outlet cuisine and sauces, manages food displays on buffets and in restaurants. He/ she meets on daily basis with the Sous Chef to review the requirements of the day’s meals and time frames for restaurant service as well as supervises the assigned workstation function.
The Chef De Partie:
- Assigns duties and responsibilities to team members.
- Is fully responsible for organizing daily work schedule and controlling over-time of assigned section.
- Trains and monitors entry level cooks for proper service and conducts documented training of stewards and 1st Cooks, in operating, cleaning and maintaining machinery and tools.
- Monitors, supervises and test foods being cooked and attends daily food tasting per the Executive Chefs instructions.
- Is responsible and able to work and run all BOH areas including Treetop Tapas, Cedar/Copper room line, and banquets.
- Three to five years’ experience cooking and preparing food in a 4 or 5-star hotel, restaurant or high-volume food service facility required.
- Good English Language skills required.
- Culinary school education preferred
- Red Seal Certification or international equivalent required.
- Superior leadership, coaching and communication skills with a proven track record of developing and motivating Team
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- High attention to detail, honesty, reliability, confidentiality and fairness
- Strong computer skills an asset
- Hourly Leadership position
- Must able to work evenings and weekends