Awards and Accolades
“This November it was an honour to receive the Vancouver Island EcoStar Award recognizing outstanding environmental achievements and leadership by businesses, organizations and individuals. It makes us very proud that we are enhancing our resort using sustainable practices that have a positive impact on our environmental footprint while providing our guests with the best experiences on Vancouver Island,” says, Luba Plotnikoff, Tigh-Na-Mara Marketing & Media Relations Manager.
"Led by a legacy of hospitality, we understand the importance of protecting our most precious assets and we are committed to our community and environment, and using sustainable practices is part of our culture here at the resort," says, Tigh-Na-Mara's General Manager, Paul Drummond. This past year Tigh-Na-Mara completed a 6 million dollar renovation that includes eco-friendly composite decks, soy based spray foam for insulation, recycled logs, LED lights; low flow plumbing fixtures, water based paints, energy efficient gas fireplaces & boilers, keycard activated lighting systems to save on energy usage and recycling bins placed inside and outside the units. Staying at the forefront of environmental stewardship, Tigh-Na-Mara is the first resort on Vancouver Island to use renewable gas as part of their commitment to growing greener as the property and resources allow. To read more about Tigh-Na-Mara's Green Stewardship click here!
Grotto Spa named #1 Spa in Western Canada
Spas of America, the largest spa and wellness travel website showcasing more than 600 of the best resort, hotel and health spas to consumers around the world has unveiled the Top 100 Spas of 2016 including the Top Spas in Canada. Vancouver Island’s Grotto Spa at Tigh-Na-Mara in Parksville takes top honours with the title as the #1 Spa in Western Canada as well as being selected as the #1 Ocean Spa Experience in North America.
“2017 was a strong year for the Canadian spa and wellness industry,” says Spas of America president Craig Oliver.
“North American spa and wellness consumers are continuing to focus on health, exercise and fitness experiences – especially in the outdoors,” says Oliver. “Spa and wellness travel offers people a chance to take a step back, enjoy a slower pace and focus on what is truly important.”
“I am so proud of the team at the Grotto Spa for their dedication, pride and commitment to our guests," says Tigh-Na-Mara’s General Manager, Paul Drummond. "We truly are a destination resort & spa and sincerely appreciate our relationship with Spas of America which has been for nearly a decade.”
The Grotto Spa at Tigh-Na-Mara provides the perfect prescription for rest, relaxation and rejuvenation, offering guest experiences that go beyond the expected. Signature and feature treatments focus on West Coast natural ingredients and the unique endless tapas dining experience is beyond compare. With 20,000 square feet of spa bliss, we give relaxation a whole new meaning. www.grottospa.com For a sneak peek see the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5E6CHa8dmw
Marketing & Media Relations Manager
Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort & Conference Centre
1155 Resort Drive, Parksville, BC
Tigh-Na-Mara Receives Business Of The Year Award
The 16th Annual Vancouver Island Business Excellence Awards Gala was enjoyed by a sold out crowd on Thursday, January 21st. “Some truly amazing businesses were honoured at the awards, and deservedly so,” says Mark MacDonald of Business Examiner, which coordinated the event. “There are some very positive stories, and it’s astonishing to see the variety of ideas that have become successful businesses all across Vancouver Island.” Harbour Air Group with offices in Victoria and Nanaimo, is the largest all-seaplane company in the world with over 50 aircraft and subsidiaries Whistler Air, Westcoast Air and Salt Spring Air was named Big Business, Business of the Year and Parksville’s Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort was name Business of the Year in the accommodation category.
Tigh-Na-Mara’s General Manager, Paul Drummond attended the gala and said, “We are honoured to be selected by the Business Examiner, Business Excellence Awards and the recipient of the Business of the Year in the Accommodations category. Tigh-Na-Mara, along with many hotels on Vancouver Island experienced an outstanding business year last year however, I believe it is our commitment to the overall well-being of our communities and support of events like our Annual Toy Drive that truly helped us to be recognized and deserving of this prestigious award. A huge shout out to the Business Examiner for putting on the annual event and recognizing so many outstanding business’s on our Island.”
*Photo centre - General Manager Paul Drummond, left - Luba Plotnikoff, Marketing & Media Relations Manager, right - Paulina Alexander, Grotto Spa Director
Media Contact: Luba Plotnikoff Marketing & Media Relations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud of our team!
- 2017 #1 Spa in Western Canada - Spas of America
- 2017 Vancouver Island EcoStar Awards
- 2016 #1 Spa in Canada - Spas of America
- 2016 #1 Ocean Spa Experience in North America - Spas of America
- 2016 Fortis Award - Recognizing businesses that utilize natural gas in their tourism related operations.
- 2015 #1 Spa in Canada - Spas of America
- 2016 Business of the Year Award, Business Excellence Award - Accommodation category, Vancouver Island Business Examiner
- 2015 Business of the Year Award, Parksville & District Business Excellence Award
- 2014 Power of Partners Award (Resort Drive Community) Tourism Vancouver Island
- 2014 #1 Spa in British Columbia – Spas of America
- 2014 Education Award, Spa Industry Association of Canada
- 2013 Humanitarian, Hotel Association of Canada Hall of Fame Awards Of Excellence
- 2013 #1 Spa in Western Canada & #18 in the Americas – Spas of America
- 2012 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
- 2012 Trip Advisor Travelers’ Choice Hotel
- spAWARD Top 50 Spas in Canada 2013
- Quality Assurance Approved (QAA) – Leading Spas of Canada 2010 & 2012DaySpa Canada’s Top Employee Award – Adam Shore RMT 2012
- BC’s Best People’s Choice Award Winner 2012
- Power of Partners Award, Tourism Vancouver Island, September 2010
- Tourism Employee of the Year, Tourism Vancouver Island, September 2010
- Inaugural Quality Assurance Award, Leading Spas of Canada, September 2010
- Food Fight for Brunch, Variety the Children’s Charity, June 2010
- Top 1% of Hotels Worldwide, Expedia May 2010
- Business Excellence Going Green Award, Business Examiner Van. Island April 2010
- 4 Green Keys, Hotel Association of Canada, March 2010
- #1 Spa in Western Canada – Spas of America 2008 -2013